Investing from a distance is unnerving. Peru is so far away from UK, and Indonesia so far from USA. There’s no way you can keep an eye on your Brazilian communications company or your Kenyan bank. That’s where we come in.
We are here to lose sleep so that you don’t have to. As stewards of your capital, it is our job to keep watch, day and night. At the most basic level, we have to establish proper fiduciary and governance controls. But it goes further – we have to see to it that these companies and our local investment partners establish key performance indicators for financial, social and environmental success.
- Working with local investment leaders, who intimately know the local market and are steps away from their portfolio companies, allows our companies to dodge, pivot and flourish while others may flounder.
- Our focus on health and food, and especially on tech-enabled, consumer-focused companies has proven prescient as those companies thrived.
Private Equity – Sarona Global Growth Markets PE Funds
Sarona invests in mid-market companies in partnership with local private equity firms across the Global Growth Markets –Asia, Africa, Latin America and Emerging Europe. We are committed to delivering strong risk-adjusted financial returns and creating deep and lasting impact.
Key elements of our investment strategy
- Capturing growth: We invest in the growth-stage companies that serve middle class consumers across emerging markets. The rising middle class drives demand for quality goods and services at affordable prices –in education, healthcare, financial services and consumer goods. Access to these growth sectors is best be achieved through private investments.
- Active investing: Sarona endeavors to know all private equity firms in emerging markets, forging partnerships with the best of these firms to actively build profitable, mid-market companies.
- Delivering impact: Sarona works with local private equity partners to change thinking and implement impactful strategies in portfolio companies. Gender equality and climate action are key.
- Low correlation: Investments offer low correlation to developed market equities and are highly diversifying for most portfolios. Sector and geographic diversification hedges against idiosyncratic risks.
- Improved economics: A blend of direct investments and fund investments delivers highly diversified portfolios with a management fee structure that rivals that of traditional private equity funds.
- Investor partnerships: Some Sarona funds have secured partnerships with US DFC, which are designed to boost LP returns
Sarona Global Growth Markets PE Fund 1 LP, closed-end, fully invested
Sarona Global Growth Markets PE Fund 2 LP, closed-end, investing
SAM Shared Services Inc.
Generating innovation in the impact space through partnerships
Sarona launched an innovative service offering that aims to function as outsourced CFO and back-office for emerging managers ensuring consistent high-quality service delivery. The Sarona team partners with the fund manager in providing best-in-class fund accounting, compliance support, risk management, valuation support, impact reporting, and investor relations functions through tailored solutions. Introductions to Sarona preferred service providers such as a fund administrator, auditor, and legal counsel is part of the offering.
We provide our expertise and knowledge in the impact investing space to set-up and handle the operations and back-office responsibilities enabling the fund manager to focus their resources and efforts on core operations such as capital raising, pipeline building, capital deployment, operation value-add, and exit processes.
This is WHO we are
Expertise: Sarona offers 80+ years of deep familiarity in private investments and fund operations across the leadership team. The Sarona success is based on collaborating with our partners across the globe.
Commitment: Sarona is committed to enabling impact investing at scale to build inclusive communities on a healthy earth. Our dedication is to support our partners on their impact investing journey paving the way towards a brighter future through innovative and impactful strategies.
Impact: Embracing our legacy as trailblazers in the impact investing arena, we will work towards democratizing impact investing, inclusive of gender and climate and want to collaborate with our partners to help them accomplish the same.
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please contact Marleen ter Mors, Director of Shared Services at email@example.com.
In order to get a comprehensive overview of the type of services we can offer and details around pricing, please fill out the Shared Services questionnaire.
This is WHAT we do
We help deliver comprehensive accounting, audit and tax support, investor services, financial and investor reporting and cash management in collaboration with your fund administrator and auditor so you can scale your business effectively and efficiently.
You receive a consistent and reliable CFO and back-office experience for approximately half the annual cost compared to doing this independently without the Sarona expertise.
- Third party service providers
- Financial and Quarterly reporting
- Impact reporting
- Cash management
- Investor services
- Investor AML/KYC
- Audit and tax support
Separately Managed Accounts
Sarona designs and manages bespoke investment accounts to meet the unique needs of institutional clients. Each such mandate builds on Sarona’s core expertise: investing in private companies in emerging markets, with a commitment to delivering strong financial returns and creating deep and lasting impact.
Our current SMA Mandates
MEDA Risk Capital Fund (MRCF), owned by MEDA: global emerging markets, with a focus on agri-business and market systems development.